The goal of the alumni networking program is to enhance networking between IWP students and alumni. Alumni who opt into the program as Networking Partners agree to be in touch with IWP students or other alumni who are seeking career advice or professional contacts in a particular organization or field. Students will opt into the program for the purpose of seeking advice from alumni.
How it works for alumni:
- You can sign up to be a Networking Partner with the alumni coordinator. You will need to let us know where you work, what field you work in, and what the best way to contact you is. If this information is sensitive, you can tell us very broadly what you do - for instance, whether you work for the U.S. Government or a defense contractor. In addition, we understand that some alums in the IC prefer only to meet with US citizens. Please let us know if this is the case for you.
- The alumni coordinator will connect you with students who seek to contact you for advice.
- You can work with the student to set up a time to connect via phone, Skype, or in person.
How it works for IWP students or alumni who wish to connect with a Networking Partner:
- You can let the alumni coordinator know in which organization/career field you are interested.
- The alumni coordinator will work to connect you with a Networking Partner in that field. Please note that we cannot guarantee that you will be connected with an alumnus/a in the particular field you request. We don't want our Networking Partners to be overwhelmed, and if there is a lot of interest in one particular field, we may invite our Networking Partner to come speak at a career panel instead.
- You can work with our Networking Partner to set up a time to connect via phone, Skype, or in person. Please remember that this connection is solely for the purpose of asking advice and gaining insights from our alumni who are working in the field.
Communications and Alumni Coordinator
(202) 462-2101 x336