2013 -14 Federal Financial Aid Instructions
IWP offers students the opportunity to finance their education using the federal student loan programs. In order to apply for federal student loans, students should complete the following:
- A 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) found at http://fafsa.ed.gov, IWP's federal school code is G41144;
- Additional documentation may be requested, including copies of your 2012 Federal Income Tax forms. You do not need to submit the additional documents unless they are requested by the Office of Financial Aid.
Newly admitted students who have submitted the above items and are accepted into a Master's or Certificate program for Fall 2013 can expect to receive a Financial Aid Award Letter starting in late June.
Returning students who have submitted the above items can expect to receive an award letter for the 2013-14 academic year by July 1.
In order to be considered for federal student loans, one must meet the following general guidelines:
- be a citizen, national, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen of the United States;
- plan to enroll at least half time (at least 5 credit hours) in a Master's or Certificate program. This applies to the summer term as well as the fall and spring terms;
- have a valid U.S. social security number;
- be in compliance with Selective Service registration, if male;
- cannot be in default on any educational loan and not owe a refund on a grant or a loan at any institution; and
- cannot have been convicted of certain drug offenses.
Ms. LaNae Herrera, IWP's Director of Financial Aid, is available for consultations at 202-462-2101 x315 or or via email.