January 13 - May 1, 2014
2013-2014 FAFSA deadline (not needed if 2013-2014 FAFSA already completed): November 15
Registration Deadline: December 15
Add/Drop deadline: January 17
Last date to withdraw with a "W" grade: February 14
Spring Break: March 17-21
Last week of classes: April 21-24
Final exams: April 28-May 1
Commencement: May 17
For student loan/financial aid questions, please contact Ms. LaNae Herrera, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-462-2101 x315.
The list of required books may be viewed on the IWP On-line Bookstore.
MONDAYS (Start Jan. 13)
- IWP 615 Western Moral Tradition and World Politics, Section I (Wood)
- IWP 642 Economics for Foreign Policy Makers Section I Two credits (Bradley) Starts Jan. 13
- IWP 627 International Relations, Statecraft and Integrated Strategy, Section I (Lenczowski/Fontaine)
- IWP 622 Comparative Intelligence Systems (Stephan) Starts Jan. 9
- IWP 664 Foundations of Homeland Security (Carafano)
- IWP 669 Counterterrorism and the Democracies (Harmon) NEW!
- IWP 671 The U.S.-China Strategic Relationship (deTrani) NEW!
- IWP 642 Economics for Foreign Policy Makers (Bradley) Section II Two credits; starts March 3
TUESDAYS (Start Jan. 14)
- IWP 634 Geography and Strategy, Section I Two credits (Chodakiewicz) Starts Jan. 14
- IWP 635 History of American Foreign Policy (Tierney)
- IWP 628 Military Strategy: An Overview of the Theorists of Warfare (Jajko)
- IWP 610 Counterintelligence in a Democratic Society (Thomas)
- IWP 676 Defection: Then and Now (Messer) NEW!
- IWP 634 Geography and Strategy, Section II Two credits (Chodakiewicz) Starts Jan. 14
- IWP 654 History of FBI Counterintelligence (Batvinis)
- IWP 606 Ideas and Values in International Politics (Muravchik)
- IWP 670 Peace Through Development: Deterring Terror and Building Alliances (Santoli) NEW!
- IWP 636 The Art of Diplomacy (Melady and Hughes)
- IWP 627 International Relations, Statecraft and Integrated Strategy, Section II (Fontaine)
- IWP 607 Nuclear Weapons Proliferation (Sokolski) Run in the directed study format
- IWP 605 Intelligence and Policy (Thomas)
- IWP 637 Public Diplomacy and Political Warfare (Glancy)
- IWP 603 Russian Politics and Foreign Policy (Chodakiewicz)
- IWP 623 U.S.-Latin American Relations (Fontaine)
- IWP 616 U.S. National Security Strategy and Emerging Threats (Tsagronis)
- IWP 609 Economic Statecraft and Conflict (Glancy)
- IWP 657 U.S. Approaches to Irregular Warfare (Tsagronis) Previously entitled "Theory and Practice of U.S. Counterinsurgency"
- IWP 675 Crisis Management and Decisionmaking (Tsagronis) NEW!
- IWP 658 The Geopolitics of the Iranian Plateau and South Asia (Streusand)
- IWP 662 Surprise, Warning and Deception (Thomas)
- IWP 620 Twentieth Century Politics and Diplomacy (Tierney)
- IWP 615 Western Moral Tradition and World Politics, Section II (Piedra)
- IWP 940-944 Arabic language classes; Day and time TBD
- IWP 945-949 Chinese language classes; Day and time TBD
- IWP 950-955 Russian language classes; Day and time TBD