You are cordially invited to a screening of the film
and a discussion with
Dr. Michael J. Waller
Walter and Leonore Annenberg Professor of International Communication, IWP
Amir Abbas Fakhravar
Research Fellow at IWP's Center for Culture and Security
Secretary General of the Confederation of Iranian Students
President of the Iranian Freedom Institute
Dr. Juliana Pilon
Director, Center for Culture and Security
Professor of Politics and Culture, IWP
Friday, April 1, 2011
6:00 PM reception
6:30 PM screening
7:30 PM discussion
The Institute of World Politics
1521 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE FILM
Iran's nuclear program presents a threat to international stability. Yet successive American administrations-Republican and Democratic alike-have misread the intentions and actions of the Iranian regime.
How dangerous is a nuclear Iran, even if it never detonates a weapon? What are the guiding principles of the Iranian leadership? To what lengths would the regime go to carry out its agenda? How far have Iran's leaders already gone to fund the world's most powerful terrorist organizations? And why have American leaders failed to gain the upper hand in relations with Iran during the past 30 years?
A new documentary entitled Iranium powerfully reports on the many aspects of the threat America and the world now face using rarely-before seen footage of Iranian leaders, and interviews with 25 politicians, Iranian dissidents, and leading experts on: Middle East policy, terrorism, and nuclear proliferation.
- Iranium documents the development of Iran's nuclear threat, beginning with the Islamic Revolution of 1979 and the ideology installed by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomeini.
- Iranium tracks Iran's use of terror as a tool of policy, beginning with the 444 day seizure of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, through Iran's insurgent actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Iranium details the brutal nature of the Iranian regime to its own citizens, and the Iranian people's desire to rejoin the international community.
- Iranium outlines the various scenarios the greater Middle East and the Western world may face should Iran cross the nuclear threshold.
Narrated by: Shohreh Aghdashloo Academy Award Nominee and Emmy Award Winning Iranian Actress
Directed by: Alex Traiman
Featuring Interviews with:
- Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
- Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY)
- Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV)
- R. James Woolsey (Former CIA Director)
- Amb. John Bolton
- Clifford May, Foundation for the Defense of Democracies
and many more...