Foreign Policy Institute Fellow, SAIS
- Formerly Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute
- Formerly Fellow in Residence, Washington Institute for Near East Policy and Executive Director of the Coalition for a Democratic Majority
- Member, Commision on Broadcasting to the People’s Republic of China
- Aide to U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan.
Dr. Muravchik is the author of numerous articles and books, including Heaven on Earth: The Rise and Fall of Socialism, The Imperative of American Leadership, and Exporting Democracy.
- B.A., 1970, City College of New York
- Ph.D., 1984, Georgetown University
CoursesIdeas and Values in International Politics
PublicationsWar with Iran is probably our best option
Prof. Joshua Muravchik discusses problems with Tunisia's democratic transition
Prof. Joshua Muravchik remembers the late Herb Romerstein in Commentary Magazine
BooksThe Next Founders: Voices of Democracy in the Middle East
The Future of the United Nations: Understanding the Past to Chart a Way Forward
Covering the Intifada