The Certificate in Counterintelligence is designed to prepare domestic security officers to confront the vast array of threats, challenges, and problems facing the public at all levels in the post-911 world. Students must choose at least three electives for this certificate.
· IWP 605 Intelligence and Policy
Elective Courses (Choose three)
· IWP 659 Al-Qaeda's Enemy Threat Doctrine
· IWP 622 Comparative Intelligence Systems
· IWP 669 Counterterrorism and the Democracies
· IWP 676 Defection Then and Now
· IWP 654 History of FBI Counterintelligence
· IWP 644 Spies, Subversion, Terrorism, and Influence Operations
· IWP 662 Surprise, Warning, and Deception
· IWP 633 Terrorism
Photo: James Angleton, chief of the CIA's Counterintelligence Staff from 1954 to 1975, described CI as a "wilderness of mirrors."
As required by the Department of Education, IWP is responsible for providing the following information about gainful employment with regards to this certificate. Please click here for more information.