The Certificate in Peace Building, Stabilization, and Humanitarian Affairs is designed to provide an understanding of the principles required for establishing stable and effective states, whose institutions seek to promote freedom, human rights, justice, the rule of law, and economic growth in the context of American foreign policy and ongoing global challenges.
This certificate requires a total of 22 credits, as detailed below.
- IWP 608 American Founding Principles and Foreign Policy OR IWP 626 Foundations of Political and Economic Freedom OR IWP 615 Western Moral Tradition and World Politics
- IWP 621 Stabilization and Nation-Building: History and Policy OR IWP 640 Cultural Intelligence for Strategy and Analysis
- IWP 642 Economics for Foreign Policy Makers (2 credits)
- IWP 649 Mass Murder Prevention in Failed and Failing States
- IWP 625 Peace, Strategy and Conflict Resolution
- IWP 670 Counterterrorism through Cultural Engagement and Development