Who may apply
Qualified applicants should be students in good academic standing from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.2 GPA (The internship is open to rising juniors and seniors, recent graduates, as well as current graduate students at IWP or another institution). In addition, applicants must have taken introductory studies in history, political science, international affairs, or economics, and demonstrate a serious interest in pursuing graduate studies and/or a career in international affairs, national security, or intelligence.
The following materials are required of all applicants interested in IWP's internship program. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you are finding it difficult to meet one of the requirements listed below, please contact Jessica.Boone@iwp.edu.
- Completed and signed application:
- Completed questionnaire (addendum to the application)
- 1-2 page resume
- Academic Transcripts (Student copy is acceptable)
- Essay on professional and educational goals (Typewritten, 500 words)
- 3-5 page writing sample on a topic related to international affairs, national security, or intelligence
- Two academic or professional letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport
Please submit your application and all related materials to Jessica Boone, The Institute of World Politics, 1521 16th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. Application materials may also be sent via email to Jessica.Boone@iwp.edu.
Application & Program Dates
All materials for Summer 2017 must be received no later than March 10, 2017.
Please Note: The summer internship will run from May 22 through July 29.