“Ashbrook is proud to partner with The Institute for World Politics, whose mission aligns with our own—educating citizens to strengthen our capacity for self-government. IWP, by helping students develop a sound understanding of international relations, prepares future leaders for the world stage. We believe Ashbrook Scholars will make excellent students at IWP, and the graduates from both programs will be equipped to strengthen our capacity for self-government among the powers of the earth.”
– Jeffrey Sikkenga, Executive Director of the Ashbrook Center and Professor of Political Science at Ashland University
About the partnership
In August 2021, IWP and Ashland University signed a Memorandum of Understanding to form a partnership for international affairs education.
Benefits for Ashland University students and graduates
- $2,200 scholarship per semester for students in IWP’s in-person M.A. programs, if accepted within IWP admissions guidelines. This scholarship does not preclude you from additional IWP merit-based scholarships.
- Tuition reduction from $650 to $500 per credit hour if enrolled in IWP’s distance programs
- Early Assurance – Apply on (or after) April 30th of 3rd year of college
- Ashland students will receive priority consideration for IWP’s internship program
“My experiences at Ashland and IWP complemented each other. We covered a lot at Ashland, and the IWP courses took some of these same topics – such as Western political thought and American founding principles – to the graduate level. In addition, the mascot of both schools is the Eagle!”
– Stephen E. Dreikorn (IWP ’11; Ashland ‘06), Foreign Service Officer, U.S. Department of State
“On behalf of everybody at the Institute, we are excited to partner with Ashland University to achieve our shared vision and mission shaping graduates who work, serve, and lead with integrity in their local, national, and global communities.”
– Chris Glass, IWP Senior Vice President for Professional Affiliations