“I greatly appreciate IWP extending these benefits to our students and graduates. The chance to learn from and be mentored by IWP subject matter experts in Washington, D.C. will be a highly valued opportunity for any number of Drake students in the years ahead.”
– Marty Martin, President of Drake University
About the Partnership
In June 2021, IWP and Drake University signed a Memorandum of Understanding to form a partnership for international affairs education. Located in Des Moines, Iowa, Drake University provides an exceptional learning environment that prepares students for meaningful personal lives, professional accomplishments, and responsible global citizenship. Drake fosters collaborative learning among students, faculty, and staff and integrates the liberal arts and sciences with professional preparation.
Benefits for Drake University students and graduates
- $2,200 per semester guaranteed partnership to partner alumni attending traditional IWP brick and mortar MA programs (not distance education). This does not preclude you from additional merit-based scholarships.
- Tuition reduction from $650 to $500 per credit hour if enrolled in IWP’s distance programs
- Priority consideration for internship programs
- Early Admission to Juniors after April 30th of Junior year
- Drake students will receive priority consideration for IWP’s internship program
- Opportunities for private group visits to IWP campus for faculty lectures
“All of us here at the Institute look forward to forging an enduring partnership with Drake, one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the Midwest with exceptional leadership, staff, and faculty. Building together, we will offer the benefits and resources of larger institutions combined with the advantages of intimate class sizes and close personal relationships for all our students.”
– Chris Glass, Senior Vice President for Professional Affiliations at The Institute of World Politics