“IWP was drawn to UNC by the strong education it offers, especially within the Peace, War, and Defense program headed by Professor Wayne Lee.”
– Danielle Shover, Recruitment Coordination Director, The Institute of World Politics
UNC-CHAPEL HILL STUDENTS AND ALUMNI RECEIVE:
- $2,200 guaranteed scholarship per semester, if accepted within IWP admissions guidelines
- Early Assurance – Apply on or after April 30 of your Junior/3rd Year (Example: Current 3rd years may apply April 30, 2018 for Fall 2019 admission)
- Additional merit-based scholarships also available
- Retroactive for UNC alumni
In Spring of 2017, IWP signed a Memorandum of Understanding with University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The partnership creates an early assurance program for qualified UNC students from any major, provides additional financial benefits for accepted students, and offers undergraduate students at UNC to tour IWP annually and learn about its graduate programs. Additionally, the two universities are planning a lecture exchange.
IWP is pleased to have already welcomed several UNC students to campus, such as UNC PWAD student and former IWP intern Ana Delgado, and Philip Otto, currently enrolled in the M.A. program in Statecraft and National Security.
“Alongside dedicated scholars, I have tackled crucial questions regarding terrorism, international law, human rights, and American principles… I am confident that the lessons I have learned here will have a huge impact on my future.”
-Ana Delgado, a UNC student who interned at IWP in the summer of 2017