Above: A speed mentoring session with IWP alumni.
In the 2019-20 school year, 164 alumni volunteered to help our students and our school.
The IWP Alumni Scholarship was launched in 2020, and alumni contributed over $12,000 to benefit one of our incoming students in 2021.
Alumni regularly mentor our students via our ongoing Alumni Networking Program.
- In spring/summer 2020, 69 alumni and 39 mentees participated in this program.
- In the fall 2020 semester, 27 alumni and 16 student/intern mentees participated in this program.
“Thanks to networking with alumni, I’ve been offered a job with a clearance, and I start with an interim in two weeks.”
– Aaron, IWP Student
Alumni regularly host mentoring sessions for IWP students. Some recent ones include:
- Air Force Office of Special Investigations
- Sanctions and Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Energy and National Security
- State Department
- Defense Contracting
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Pentagon and DoD
- National Geospatial Intelligence
- Careers as an Intelligence Analyst or Special Agent
- Careers in International Development
- Technology and National Security
- Careers in International Strategic Alliances
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
Alumni are involved with the school in numerous other ways. They speak at or host IWP guest lectures, welcome new students at orientation, speak at our open houses, send job opportunities to our student body, and more.
Many alumni older than I bought me dinner, drinks, books, and helped me get access to people I’d never otherwise talk to. All they asked was that I pay it forward.
– An alumni mentor, Class of 2014