Applicants to the Institute's certificate program must submit the following:
- A completed on-line application.
- Current Resume (which is to be uploaded to the on-line application). Included should be your educational background (colleges and universities attended), work experience, and any special skills that may enhance your application credentials.
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts in a language other than English must be accompanied by English translations. Applicants who do not have a baccalaureate degree will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- TOEFL scores (for international students whose first language is not English); IWP institutional code is 9022. Go to www.toefl.org for more information.
- Non-refundable $100 application fee.
The Application for Admission and supporting documents must be in English and received no later than the posted deadlines. As a general rule, incomplete applications will not be processed (rare exceptions may be made depending on which element of the application is missing). Late applications may be processed according to the ability of the Admissions Committee.
All students admitted to the Institute (regardless of program) must pay a non-refundable $500 matriculation fee to secure their admission. This fee is due upon acceptance of admission and is credited toward the first semester's tuition balance.
Applying for Degree Status
Students enrolled in the certificate program are not guaranteed admission into the degree program. Students wishing to apply to the M.A. program must follow the M.A. application instructions which require the submission of additional materials. No more than five courses taken prior to the granting of degree status may be credited toward the degree, and only if the grades received are B or higher.
Please click here to visit our deadlines page.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Jason Johnsrud, Vice President of Student Affairs and Admissions Coordinator
E-mail: email@example.com; Phone: 202-462-2101