International Students

International applicants follow the same application procedures and deadlines as U.S. citizens. For more information see Admissions Process.

IWP offers a number of merit-based scholarships for selected students. More information about these and other scholarships can be found on our Scholarships Page.

For general guidance on graduate studies in the United States, international students can contact an EducationUSA advising center. EducationUSA is the U.S. State Department's network of over 400 advising centers in 170 countries around the world. These centers are designed to assist international students as they prepare to apply to and attend colleges and universities in the United States.

Loans for International Students

Student Visas & Social Security Cards
The Institute provides information and assistance to admitted international students in need of F-1 student visas (provided that they meet eligibility requirements). International students should contact the Registrar's Office (202-462-2101) or the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement ( for information on the various requirements for a student visa. All international students must complete the I-20 Request Form and mail this form to the Registrar.

Additional information about how to apply for a student visa can be found here EducationUSA - Apply_For_Your_Student_Visa

International students in need of a social security card may apply online ( but will need to visit a local Social Security Administration office to complete the process. The Washington, D.C. office is located at 2100 M Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20037. Phone: 800-772-1213.