LinkedIn tracking pixel

Federal Student Loans

2022-2023 Federal Financial Aid Instructions

IWP offers students the opportunity to finance their education using the federal student loan programs. In order to apply for federal student loans, students should complete the following:

  • A 2022-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) found at IWP’s federal school code is G41144;
  • Additional documentation may be requested, including copies of your 2021 Federal Income Tax forms. You do not need to submit the additional documents unless they are requested by the Office of Financial Aid.

Newly admitted students who have submitted the above items and are accepted into a Master’s or Certificate program for Fall 2022 can expect to receive a Financial Aid Award Letter starting in late June.

Returning students who have submitted the above items can expect to receive an award letter for the 2022-23 academic year by July 1.

In order to be considered for federal student loans, one must meet the following general guidelines:

  • be a citizen, national, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen of the United States;
  • plan to enroll at least half time (at least 6 credit hours) in a Master’s or Certificate program. This applies to the summer term as well as the fall and spring terms;
  • have a valid U.S. social security number;
  • be in compliance with Selective Service registration, if male;
  • cannot be in default on any educational loan and not owe a refund on a grant or a loan at any institution; and
  • cannot have been convicted of certain drug offenses.

Student Rights and Responsibilities

You have the right to:

  • Privacy and confidentiality of records.
  • Be notified of any changes in your financial aid and the reason for the change.
  • Ask for an explanation of anything you don’t understand.

You have the responsibility to:

  • Read, understand, and keep copies of all financial aid documents.
  • Notify our office of any changes in your family’s financial status.
  • Notify us of any change in your attendance status, name, or address.
  • Notify us of any outside awards you receive.
  • Comply with the terms of your student loans.
  • Stay informed about deadlines and procedures — read any correspondence you receive from our office.


TJ Snowden, IWP’s Director of Financial Aid, is available for consultations at 202-462-2101 x323 or via email.