Who may apply
Qualified applicants should be students in good academic standing from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.2 GPA. (The internship is open to college students and recent graduates.) In addition, applicants must have taken introductory studies in history, political science, international affairs, or economics, and demonstrate a serious interest in pursuing graduate studies and/or a career in international affairs, national security, or intelligence.
The following materials are required of all applicants interested in IWP’s internship program. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you are finding it difficult to meet one of the requirements listed below, please contact email@example.com.
- Completed and signed application:
- Completed questionnaire (addendum to the application)
- 1-2 page resume
- Academic Transcripts (Student copy is acceptable)
- Essay on professional and educational goals (Typewritten, 500 words)
- 3-5 page writing sample on a topic related to international affairs, national security, or intelligence
- Two academic or professional letters of recommendation
- A copy of your passport (for non-U.S. citizens only)
Please submit your application and all related materials to Mason Taylor, The Institute of World Politics, 1521 16th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036. Application materials may also be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application & Program Dates
All materials for Spring 2021 must be received no later than October 15, 2020.
The spring internship will run from January 11-May 8, 2021.
All materials for Summer 2021 must be received no later than March 2, 2021.
The summer internship will run from May 10-August 26, 2021.
All materials for Fall 2021 must be received no later than July 10, 2021.
The fall internship will run from September 8-December 11, 2021.