The course examines Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) as it is organized, executed, and utilized by the U.S. Intelligence Community, commercial industry, and foreign partners. The course introduces the main forms of geospatial intelligence, the collection spectrum, sensor systems, supporting platforms, phenomenology, uses of GEOINT, and a history of imagery and geospatial intelligence including case studies. Students will also gain an understanding of airborne platform capabilities and limitations, space vehicle design, orbital dynamics, and launch considerations.
This course may be taken as a part of the following programs:
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and National Security Affairs
- Master of Arts in Strategic Intelligence Studies
- Certificate in Intelligence
- Certificate in National Security Affairs
- Continuing Education Program