This course introduces students to the art of diplomacy in the Western tradition, with an emphasis on the modern American experience. It examines the development of the traditional art of diplomacy over time and how technology, communications, and ideology have affected both the authority of the diplomatic process and the evolution of what Harold Nicholson called the “diplomatic method.”
This course may be taken as a part of the following programs:
- An advanced version of this course may be taken as a part of the Doctor of Statecraft and National Security program.
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and National Security Affairs
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Statecraft and Strategy (Online)
- Professional Master of Arts in Statecraft and Strategy (Online)
- Continuing Education Program