The health and welfare of our students continue to be IWP’s highest priority.
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic is creating employment difficulties and personal family issues for many across the United States, including some of our students. If you are facing issues of this nature that might affect your enrollment at IWP, please let us know ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can work with you to identify resources to help you find a solution that eliminates or minimizes the disruption to your education at IWP.
Updates from IWP
IWP’s classes will resume in-person instruction at both the DC and Reston campuses this coming Fall 2021 semester. For more information, please click here: IWP Fall 2021 Reopening Plan
To maximize the safety and health of students, faculty, and staff, IWP will be requiring proof of vaccination from the COVID-19 virus. This is a requirement for all students, faculty, and staff who will be on campus (including the library). Specifics on how to submit your proof of vaccination will be sent out in the near future. In the meantime, if you have not yet received your vaccination, you should schedule a visit with a health care provider to get any one of the available vaccines (click here for more information). Exceptions for proof of vaccination may be made on a case-by-case basis for religious and/or health reasons. To request an exception for either of these two reasons, please contact email@example.com.
Information on safety and sanitizing protocols for Fall 2021 will be sent to students soon.
The IWP library is open the week of August 23, 2021 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Starting Aug. 30, 2021 the library will be open for the semester:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
If you have any questions, please contact Dmitry Kulik (Director of Library Services) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most IWP offices have reopened in person as of August 23, 2021.
Some student events, such as career sessions and alumni mentoring events, may be held in person during fall 2021. More information is here.
IWP public guest lectures will continue virtually in fall 2021. More information is here.
We have made the difficult decision to postpone our Commencement Ceremony and combine Commencement for the Classes of 2020 and 2021. Commencement will take place at the Fairmont Hotel on Saturday, September 11, 2021.
CARES Act reporting
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- DC Department of Health on COVID-19: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
- VA Department of Health on COVID-19: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/
- MD Dept of Health on COVID-19: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- FEMA on COVID-19: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus
- DC: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
- Virginia: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
- Maryland: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
- CARES Act information from the Department of Treasury: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares
- Summary of benefits for student loan recipients under the CARES Act: https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/student-loan-ranger/articles/coronavirus-stimulus-things-student-loan-borrowers-should-know (We strongly recommend that if you have questions or concerns about your student loan that you contact your lender directly or IWP’s Director of Financial Aid, Mr. Thelbert Snowden, at email@example.com or 202-462-2101 x323.)
- More information about IWP CARES Act Emergency Grants: https://www.iwp.edu/current-students/resources-related-to-the-coronavirus/iwp-cares-act-emergency-grants/