The health and welfare of our students continue to be IWP’s highest priority.
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic is creating employment difficulties and personal family issues for many across the United States, including some of our students. If you are facing issues of this nature that might affect your enrollment at IWP, please let us know ASAP (email@example.com) so we can work with you to identify resources to help you find a solution that eliminates or minimizes the disruption to your education at IWP.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- DC Department of Health on COVID-19: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
- VA Department of Health on COVID-19: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/
- MD Dept of Health on COVID-19: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- FEMA on COVID-19: https://www.fema.gov/coronavirus
- DC: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
- Virginia: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
- Maryland: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
- CARES Act information from the Department of Treasury: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares
- Summary of benefits for student loan recipients under the CARES Act: https://www.usnews.com/education/blogs/student-loan-ranger/articles/coronavirus-stimulus-things-student-loan-borrowers-should-know (We strongly recommend that if you have questions or concerns about your student loan that you contact your lender directly or IWP’s Director of Financial Aid, Mr. Thelbert Snowden, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-462-2101 x323.)
- More information about IWP CARES Act Emergency Grants: https://www.iwp.edu/current-students/resources-related-to-the-coronavirus/iwp-cares-act-emergency-grants/
Updates from IWP
Because of public health concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), all classes are currently being held online.
As the physical library is closed, students will need to conduct research for class projects via the online library databases. With any questions, please contact Dmitry Kulik at email@example.com.
IWP staff, including the Business Office and Registrar Office, are fully functional, albeit operating via remote means.
Enrollment for the summer 2021 semester is open, and courses will be offered either temporarily via distance education or in-person if and when it becomes safe to do so, and as approved by our accreditation and licensure agencies.
Student events, including career seminars, alumni mentoring, and tours have been moved online. More information is here.
IWP public guest lectures have been moved online as well. More information is here.
We have made the difficult decision to postpone our Commencement Ceremony and combine Commencement for the Classes of 2020 and 2021. Commencement will take place at the Fairmont Hotel on Saturday, May 15, 2021.