The Certificate in Strategic Soft Power promotes a strategic understanding of the non-coercive tools of foreign policy and national security, and how they are and should be integrated for effective strategy. They include public diplomacy, counterpropaganda, counter-influence operations, humanitarian and economic assistance, political warfare, and the intelligence needed for such tools of statecraft. Graduates of this program are prepared for careers in diplomacy, foreign assistance, information support, intelligence, and counterintelligence.
This certificate requires five courses, as listed below, for a total of 20 credits.
- IWP 670 Counterterrorism through Cultural Engagement and Development OR IWP 678 Covert Action and National Security
- IWP 631 Foreign Propaganda, Perceptions and Policy OR IWP 640 Cultural Intelligence for Strategy and Analysis
- IWP 606 Ideas and Values in International Politics OR IWP 673 Human Rights and Counter-Radicalization
- IWP 637 Public Diplomacy and Strategic Influence
- IWP 621 Stabilization and Nation-Building: History and Policy
As required by the Department of Education, IWP is responsible for providing the following information about gainful employment with regards to this certificate. Please click here for more information.