- We have enjoyed record enrollments since gaining accreditation in 2006. For example:
— Our spring semester enrollment was 40 percent higher than last year.
— Our summer term enrollment was 50 percent higher than last year.
— Our current fall semester enrollment is 39 percent higher than last year.
- This last June, after all four banks that had lent our students tuition money left the student loan business, we secured Title IV Federal Student Loan certification from the U.S. Department of Education which will enable our students to get low-interest loans. (This is a very significant event for IWP and its students.)
- This last summer, we were approved by the US Department of Veterans Affairs as an eligible institution for veterans’ education benefits.
- We continue to deepen our relationships with the Army, Navy, FBI, CIA, DIA, and other key agencies of the national security community.
- IWP is now a corporate member of Servicemembers’ Opportunity Colleges. Please click here to read about IWP’s other corporate memberships.
- We welcomed our second Army Senior Fellow, Col. Greg Gadson, in September. Col. Gadson was voted Hero of the Year by Readers Digest’s readership for his courageous service in Iraq, where he lost both of his legs to a roadside bomb.
- The Commanding General in Iraq, Gen. Ray Odierno, chose IWP as the one institution at which to make his major public presentation during his May visit to Washington.
- We purchased a fully integrated software system for the Library and added over 1,300 new volumes to our collection.
- We launched a monthly E-newsletter, The Eagle, which provides IWP news and information on forthcoming events. (To receive this, please e-mail Tom Ranieri at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The outgoing Director of Central Intelligence and one of the most decorated intelligence officers in our nation’s history, General Michael Hayden, gave the keynote address at this year’s Commencement Ceremony.
- Our faculty have written books that have been, or are about to be published:
— Juliana Pilon (ed.) Cultural Intelligence for Winning the Peace;
— J. Michael Waller (ed.) Founding Political Warfare Documents of the United States
— John Tierney, Conceived in Liberty: The American World View, Theory and Practice
— Douglas Streusand, The Islamic Gunpowder Empires in World History
— John Lenczowski, Full Spectrum Diplomacy and Grand Strategy: Reforming the
Structure and Culture of U.S. Foreign Policy
- Our graduates are fulfilling the mission of this school, occupying important positions in U.S. agencies and applying their unique education to the highest of current U.S. strategic priorities, such as “human terrain” intelligence and information operations in the Iraq and Afghanistan counterinsurgency wars.