You are cordially invited to an international conference on
Ronald Reagan and John Paul II: The Partnership that Changed the World
The Institute of World Politics, Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation, The Ronald Reagan Institute, the Polish National Foundation, The Heritage Foundation, Hudson Institute, and The White House Writers Group
Wednesday, September 26th
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Ronald Reagan Building
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
LOCATION: In the Amphitheater
*Seating is limited. Admission is free.*
- Edwin Meese – Counselor to President Reagan 1981-1985; attorney general of the United States 1985-1989.
- Vaclav Klaus – First finance minister of post-communist Czechoslovakia; second president of the Czech Republic.
- Piotr Naimski – Leading Polish dissident of the 1970s and 1980s; now Polish MP and cabinet minister for energy strategy.
- Peter Robinson – Reagan speechwriter; wrote “Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall” speech; author of How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life.
- John O’Sullivan – Special assistant and speechwriter for British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher; author of The President, the Pope and the Prime Minister.
- Anna Maria Anders – Polish senator and cabinet minister for international dialogue.
- Paula Dobriansky – Reagan National Security Council; Harvard Kennedy School.
- John Lenczowski – Reagan National Security Council; Founder and President of the Institute of World Politics.
- Lee Edwards – Founder and chairman, Victims of Communism Foundation; author of The Essential Ronald Reagan.
- Paul Kengor – Author of A Pope and A President.
- Steven Hayward – Author of The Age of Reagan.
- Ambassador Callista Gingrich – U.S. Ambassador to the Holy See.
- Archbishop Christophe Pierre – Papal Nuncio to the United States.
- Craig Shirley – Historian; author of numerous volumes on Ronald Reagan including The Decisive Years, 1976-1980,.
- Msgr. Slawomir Oder – Official Vatican postulator for canonization of John Paul II.