Professor Emeritus, Former U.S. Ambassador to Guatemala
- Former Donald E. Bently Professor of Political Economy, The Institute of World Politics
- Chairman, Department of Economics and Business, The Catholic University of America (1989-1995)
- Director, Latin American Institute, The Catholic University of America (1965-1982)
- Senior Area Advisor for Latin America, U.S. Mission to the United Nations (1987-1988)
- U.S. Ambassador to Guatemala (1984-1987)
- U.S. Representative to the Economic and Economic and Social Council of the Organization of American States (1982-1984)
- Senior Advisor, Bureau of Inter-American Affairs, Department of State (1982-1984).
- Doctor in Law, 1951, University of Havana;
- Doctor in Political Economy, 1957, University of Madrid
- Ph.D. in Economics, 1962, Georgetown University
CoursesFoundations of Political and Economic Freedom
Western Moral Tradition and World Politics
PublicationsThe New Religion of Tolerance, The Threat to Freedom
Chestertonís reply to "Whatís Wrong with the World"
The Search for Happiness