Executive Director, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center; Former Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
- Executive Director, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- Member, Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism (2008)
- Member, U.S. Commission to Assess the Organization of the Federal Government to Combat the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (1999)
- Member, Senior Advisory Panel, Central Intelligence Agency
- Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy (1989-1993)
- Chairman of the Department of Defense’s Proliferation Countermeasures Working Group
Professor Sokolski is the author of Best of Intentions: America’s Campaign Against Strategic Weapons Proliferation,1945-2000. He is the editor of Should We Let the Bomb Spread.
- B.A., 1972, Pomona College
- M.A., 1980, University of Chicago
- Moving Beyond Pretense: Nuclear Power and Nonproliferation
- Nuclear Weapons Materials Gone Missing: What Does History Teach?
- The Next Arms Race
- Pure Risk: Federal Clean Energy Loan Guarantees
- Reviewing the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty
- Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions
- Beyond Nunn-Lugar
- Best of Intentions
- America’s Nuclear Export Controls are Fundamentally Flawed
- Are Washington’s ‘Advanced’ Reactors a Nuclear Waste?
- Khashoggi’s Killing Should Be a Nuclear Red Flag
- Reactors Today, Tomorrow a Saudi Arabian Bomb
- Dealing Huge: A Trumpian Arms Control Agenda