Executive Director, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center; Former Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy
- Executive Director, Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- Senior Fellow for Nuclear Security Studies at the University of California at San Diego’s School of Global Policy and Strategy
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations and the International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Editorial Board, The Nonproliferation Review
- Member, Commission on the Prevention of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferation and Terrorism (2008)
- Member, U.S. Commission to Assess the Organization of the Federal Government to Combat the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (1999)
- Member, Senior Advisory Panel, Central Intelligence Agency
- Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy (1989-1993)
- Chairman of the Department of Defense’s Proliferation Countermeasures Working Group
Professor Sokolski is the author and editor of several books, including Best of Intentions: America’s Campaign Against Strategic Weapons Proliferation,1945-2000; Underestimated: Our Not So Peaceful Nuclear Future; and Should We Let the Bomb Spread.
- B.A., 1972, Pomona College
- M.A., 1980, University of Chicago
- Moving Beyond Pretense: Nuclear Power and Nonproliferation
- Nuclear Weapons Materials Gone Missing: What Does History Teach?
- The Next Arms Race
- Pure Risk: Federal Clean Energy Loan Guarantees
- Reviewing the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty
- Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions
- Beyond Nunn-Lugar
- Best of Intentions
- An UNsafety Zone for the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant?
- Don’t dismiss Trump’s assertion of presidential power to declassify information
- Stop funding Russia’s nuclear weapons
- Protect Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant Before It’s Too Late
- Is Missile-Driven Deterrence the Solution to the War in Ukraine?