Professor Emeritus; Former Special Assistant and Foreign Affairs Officer, U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
Dr. Tierney served for many years as the Walter Kohler Professor of International Relations at IWP.
Former Special Assistant and Foreign Affairs Officer, U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency (1981-1993); former participant in various national security negotiations for U.S. Government; former Executive Director of the Congressional Caucus on National Defense and the National Security Research Group, U.S. House of Representatives; and former Chairman, Politics Department, Catholic University, and formerly Professor of International Relations, University of Virginia and The Johns Hopkins University.
- B.A., 1962, LeMoyne College.
- Ph.D., 1969, University of Pennsylvania.
- Democracy Doesn’t “Die” in Darkness: By Then, It’s Already Dead
- The Nonpolitical Country
- Upside Down
- “To Hell in a Handbasket”: The continual cycle of war in history
- “Happy Days Are Here Again”