A student may submit a FAFSA at any point throughout the school year. However, if a student would like to receive his or her disbursement check in accordance with the timeline below, then the following dates would apply:
- Application for Financial Aid and Completion of the FAFSA:
Summer/Fall 2019 Applicants: June 8th FAFSA priority date
Spring 2020 Applicants: November 1st FAFSA priority date
- Application for Financial Aid and GRAD Plus (Summer only): May 1-June 5 (annually)
Below is a timeline for the disbursement of student loan checks, given that a student has submitted his or her FAFSA based on the dates listed above:
- Fall Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 2nd week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates. For the Fall 2019 semester, this would be Sept. 16.
- Spring Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 2nd week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates. For the Spring 2020 semester, this would be Jan. 27.
- Summer Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 1st week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates.
- Financial aid loan disbursements checks will be available for pick-up on the Friday of the second week of the semester. All financial aid loan disbursements checks must be picked up by the Friday of the third week of the semester. After this date, the checks will be mailed to your current address.
If you have any questions, please contact TJ Snowden, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com or 202-462-2101 x323.