A student may submit a FAFSA at any point throughout the school year. However, if a student would like to receive his or her disbursement check in accordance with the timeline below, then the following dates would apply:
- Application for Financial Aid and Completion of the FAFSA:
Summer/Fall 2021 Applicants: June 8th FAFSA priority date
Spring 2022 Applicants: November 1st FAFSA priority date
- Application for Financial Aid and GRAD Plus (Summer only): May 1-June 5 (annually)
Below is a timeline for the disbursement of student loan checks, given that a student has submitted his or her FAFSA based on the dates listed above:
- Fall Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 2nd week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates. For the Fall 2021semester, this would be Sept. 7.
- Spring Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 2nd week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates. For the Spring 2022 semester, this would be Jan. 17.
- Summer Disbursement of Student Loan: End of 1st week of semester (annually). Please see Academic Calendar for dates.
- Financial aid loan disbursements checks will be available for pick-up on the Friday of the second week of the semester. All financial aid refunds can be credited via direct deposit. You can access the direct deposit form here: IWP ACH Authorization Form. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, refund checks will be mailed to the permanent address on file within 10 business days of processing.If you have any questions, please contact Dr. TJ Snowden, Director of Financial Aid, at email@example.com or 202-462-2101