Above: Mosul, Old Town, photo by IWP student “Jane“
Dear Colleagues and Friends of IWP,
Our IWP Professor Dr. Matt Daniels has created a major new human rights initiative and is launching it next Wednesday, December 9, with the endorsement of the State Department and officials representing Germany, Hungary, Poland, and Autonomous North and East Syria.
Good of All, the NGO Matt founded, and representatives of the above organizations are announcing a call for tribunals to prosecute acts of genocide and atrocities by ISIS. December 9 is the International Day of Commemoration & Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide.
With this announcement, Good of All will also launch the Universal Rights Academy, an online free resource for the study of universal rights. The website will be an educational portal with videos promoting Universal Rights based on the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), including documentation of violations of those rights.
Eventually, the Universal Rights Academy will be a vehicle to illuminate and promote prosecution of other violations of human rights by totalitarian governments, communist regimes, and other groups who violate the UDHR.
Below is the Media Advisory with information on viewing access.
Chairman of the IWP Board of Trustees
A Call for Tribunals to Prosecute Acts of Genocide and Atrocities Committed By ISIS
- Ambassador-at-Large Morse H. Tan, Office of Global Criminal Justice, U.S. Department of State (confirmed)
- Ambassador-at-Large Kelley Currie, Office for Global Women’s Issues, S. Department of State (confirmed)
- Assistant Secretary for International Organization Affairs, Ms. Pam Pryor, S. Department of State (confirmed)
- Commissioner Nadine Maenza, U.S. International Religious Freedom Commission (confirmed)
- Ambassador at Large Sam Brownback, Office of International Religious Freedom, S. Department of State (invited)
- Matthew Daniels, J.D., Ph.D., Chair of Law & Human Rights, The Institute of World Politics (confirmed)
- Jacqueline Isaac, Vice President, Roads of Success (confirmed)
- State Secretary Tristan Azbej, State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and the Hungary Helps Program, Prime Minister’s Office – Hungary (confirmed)
- Father Waldemar Cislo, Director, Polish Section of the Pontifical Foundation Aid to the Church in Need (confirmed)
- Senior Officer Bedran Ciya Kurd, Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria
- Beata Kempa, Member of the European Parliament (Confirmed)
- Ambassador Emily Haber, German Ambassador to the United States (confirmed)
What: A call for tribunals to prosecute acts of genocide and other human rights atrocities committed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria. A new Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) educational portal with videos featuring the stories of the torture, rape, sexual enslavement, and mass murder victims of ISIS’ genocide will also be launched.
When: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 from 9:00 – 10:00 am ET, International Day of Commemoration & Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide
Where: Universal Rights Academy: https://www.universalrights.org/
Why: In the past decade, the most egregious violation of the fundamental human rights enshrined in the UDHR has been the genocide committed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria. ISIS genocide has targeted multiple ethnic and religious minority groups and has been accompanied by other atrocities, such as mass rape and sexual enslavement of women and children.
On the International Day of Commemoration and Dignity of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide, we will use the occasion of the launch of a new UDHR educational portal to issue a renewed call for Nuremberg-like trials of captured ISIS fighters – whether before a single court or the national courts of the countries whose fighters are currently in custody and with whom the United States is negotiating to take them back and put them on trial. In either case, the goal is to hold all ISIS members in captivity accountable for their crimes against humanity.
This event is hosted and sponsored by Good of All, a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization dedicated to advancing the principles articulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
Please contact Audrey Mullen, Audrey@advocacyink.com, to schedule an interview with Dr. Matthew Daniels.
ISIS survivor testimony footage may be obtained through Good of All — please indicate the section of footage you would like by timestamp.
Still footage will also be available for download after the event.
The Catholic News Agency reported on this launch event: “Remember Syrians this Christmas”