Course registration is now done through EMPOWER.
Mission of the Registrar’s Office
- To support the Institute’s mission by providing efficient, effective, professional, and expedient services while striving to ensure the integrity, accuracy, consistency, objectivity, security and longevity of academic records.
- To provide excellence in service within the constraints of federal law and university policy while striving to maintain fairness to all.
- To create an environment on campus that encourages growth, participation, and performance.
- To fully utilize available technological resources in order to implement improved and streamlined procedures.
- To effectively communicate policies and procedures as they relate to our services which include: registration, transcripts, enrollment & degree verification, graduation clearance, maintenance of course data, student data stewardship and reporting.
What does the Registrar’s Office Do?
- Manage and protect your academic record
- Grade Entry/Grade Changes
- Name Changes
- Address Updates
- Official registration for classes during a given semester
- Enrollment Verifications/Certifications for past and current semesters
- Health insurance
- Loan Deferments
- VA Benefit Enrollment Certification
- Monitor and manage Student Academic Standing
- Create/Update course schedule in University database
- Issue required documentation for F-1 Student Visas
Dr. Hasanna Tyus, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Bently Hall, first floor
Address: Registrar’s Office
The Institute of World Politics
1521 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 462-2101
Fax: (202) 464-0165
Hours: Mon-Fri 10:30am – 5:30pm