“The Department of Public Policy Leadership (PPL) is excited to develop this partnership with IWP. The opportunities and expertise offered by PPL and IWP provide students an avenue to study and practice with some of the top scholars and practitioners around the globe. This relationship should yield great success for PPL students to engage in world policymaking.”
– Dr. Jody Holland, Associate Professor at the University of Mississippi
About the Partnership
In May 2021, IWP and the University of Mississippi’s Department of Public Policy Leadership signed a Memorandum of Understanding to form a partnership for international affairs education. The Department of Public Policy Leadership provides a challenging major and emphasizes the global nature of responsible decision making, the ethical imperatives of leadership, critical thinking, communication skills, and the conceptual and methodological skills necessary for careful policy analysis.
Benefits for University of Mississippi students and graduates
- $2,200 per semester guaranteed partnership to partner alumni attending traditional IWP brick and mortar M.A. programs (not distance education). This does not preclude you from additional merit-based scholarships.
- Tuition reduction from $650 to $500 per credit hour if enrolled in IWP’s distance programs
- Priority consideration for internship programs
- Early Admission to Juniors after April 30th of Junior year
- Ole Miss students will receive priority consideration for IWP’s internship program
- Opportunities for private group visits to IWP campus for faculty lectures
“We are thrilled to welcome the Department of Public Policy Leadership into our growing network of strategic partners. The caliber of those graduating from this excellent program is well known to IWP. We look forward to having them join us in our mission to educate the next generation of national security leadership, dedicated towards the defense of the United States and her allies.”
– Tim Stebbins, Vice President for Graduate Recruitment, The Institute of World Politics